My name is Dmitry Beschetny and I’m an intercultural communication expert—a lawyer-linguist,
judiciary interpreter, and translator who’s dedicated to rendering your legal texts and verbal
explanations with precision.
A Law Linguist
With excellent written and verbal skills, I am a superior resource for Russian interpreting and translating. Living and studying in both Russia and the United States has given me the familiarity needed to create English to Russian translations with high-quality results.
I have a master’s degrees in law, humanities, and social science and have worked as an in-house lawyer as well as working with the United Nations. With extensive experience in criminal investigation and public prosecution as a district attorney, I am particularly skilled as a lawyer linguist. My familiarity with the legal field gives me unparalleled skill and the unique capability to create legal translations and interpretations that retain meaning all while addressing subtle nuances that can only be provided from someone with expertise in both language and the legal field. Having started my career in law, I understand the need for precision and impartiality in translations and interpretations.
A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR
You can rest assured that your translation is being rendered effectively and efficiently using the most current techniques and technologies. I stay up-to-date on industry news and developments, understand the potential and pitfalls of artificial intelligence, as well as the transformative impact it is having on translation and interpreting, provide media commentary, and collaborate as an intercultural communication consultant both in Russia and abroad. This is vital in keeping my translation skills sharp as well as maintaining my translator certification from the American Translators Association. To do this, I attend conferences, webinars, and other forums related to both translation, interpreting, and areas related specifically to my expertise.
I am a certified translator of the American Translators Association as well as a member of its Law Division Leadership Council and Professional Development Committee. As such, I follow its Code of Ethics. This means that I am committed and dedicated:
- “to convey meaning between people and cultures faithfully, accurately, and impartially;
- to hold in confidence any privileged and/or confidential information entrusted to us in the course of our work;
- to represent our qualifications, capabilities, and responsibilities honestly and to work always within them;
- to enhance those capabilities at every opportunity through continuing education in language, subject field, and professional practice;
- to act collegially by sharing knowledge and experience;
- to define in advance by mutual agreement, and to abide by, the terms of all business transactions among ourselves and with others;
- to ask for and offer due recognition of our work, and compensation commensurate with our abilities; and
- to endeavor in good faith to resolve among ourselves any dispute that arises from our professional interactions,
mindful that failure to abide by these principles may harm ourselves, our fellow members, the Association, or those we serve.”
(Credit: American Translators Association)